If I had more money, time, and all the butter in the land – here are the things I would be baking this week. I’ve also thrown in a cocktail of the weekend because fancy drinks make me feel fancy.
- I’m really torn on “naked cakes” because in my world, more frosting is always better. But how gorgeous does this vanilla naked cake with sugared blueberries look?
- I’m also very into this strawberry cream sheet cake for the fourth of July. Don’t the strawberries look a little like fireworks?
- And now I’ve gone into a sheet cake rabbit hole and found this gooey texas sheet cake skillet. It’s not remotely 4th of July themed and I don’t care.
- I’m moving apartments this weekend so realistically I will have barely enough time to line up some yogurt covered pretzels and fruit…
- There’s also no shame in going the red, white, and blue sprinkles route in this fireworks sugar cookie cake.
Cocktail of the weekend
- It’s entirely possible nothing gets baked at all and instead I sip on this sparkling patriotic sangria all weekend instead. Makes the moving easier.