In 2017 I managed to spill flour over every surface of my kitchen and officially entered into a love-hate relationship with sourdough . This blog is mostly read by my family members and a handful of lovely co-workers but occasionally a few more people pop over to oh, honey honey, and google analytics lets me know it. Here are the top 10 recipes* of 2017 from my very tiny, impossibly small, corner of the internet.
- marzipan and dark chocolate mandel bread. This is the first recipe I made from Molly Yeh’s cookbook, leading her to her comment on my instagram and giving me my own personal 2017 best moment.
- blackberry bourbon lemonade with mint. In re-reading this post I discovered I used the term “a fuchsia party that just won’t stop.” If that doesn’t make you curious, I don’t know what will.
- rainbow sugar cookies. These deserve all the praise in the world. It’s a soft chewy sugar cookies rolled in joy.
- almond cookie cake. This cake is so simple, uses margarine, which is a fun throwback, and gets dusted with powdered sugar in any shape you fancy.
- blood orange olive oil cake. Fun fact: I get a spam comment 2-3 times a week telling me that my blood orange olive oil cake is missing out on hundreds of hits a week. These spam comments are my most engaged readers. And they are robots.
- whipped shortbread cookies with blackberry icing. Full disclosure, I may be the sole reason this post has done so well this year. I revisit this recipe on the regular and despite the garbage photos, the cookies are heaven.
- s’mores cookies with nutella. I made these cookies for my friend Riley’s birthday and he has helped me move apartments no less than 4 times this year so basically I still owe him a lot of cookies.
- peanut butter raspberry pie. Looks a bit like a deep dish pizza, tastes like a nostalgic fantasy pie.
- roasted strawberry and rhubarb pie. I’m so pleased this cake made the cut. It’s gorgeous beyond belief and reunited me with my love of sheet cakes.
- peaches and cream cake. Last but not least, the cake I made for my gorgeous popover of a nephew. Baby pictures included and they’re worth it.
*good news – in contrast to 2016, I actually figured out how to find all 10.